Annual Women’s Education Event
September 22, 2021
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Add to Calendar
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tinton Falls – Eatontown
700 Hope Road
Tinton Falls, NJ 07724
Recognizing the evolving nature of the COVID-19 crisis, the New Jersey Chapter of HFMA has tentatively rescheduled the Women's Leadership and Development Session for September 22, 2021 at the DoubleTree by Hilton Tinton Falls. As we get closer to that date we can determine of it is realistic and will begin to promote and open registations. Thank you for your continued support and take care so that you and your families stay safe through these difficult times.
- Registration and Breakfast: 8:30 am – 9:00 am
- Morning Session: 9:00 am – 11:50 am
- Lunch: 11:50 am – 12:40 pm
- Afternoon Session: 12:40 pm – 4:00 pm
- Networking Hour: 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- Keynote Speaker 9:00 am- 9:50 am
Speaker: Toni Pergolin, President and CEO, Bancroft and Author of the book: Too Important to Fail: Leadership Lessons for Nonprofits
- Morning Break 9:50 am – 10:00 am
- Best of Leadership and Mentoring 10:00 am – 11:00 am
Successful women/men have leaders, mentors and mothers who have inspired them. The speakers will talk about the individuals who have had IMPACT on their career life.
Moderator: Toni Pergolin, President and CEO, Bancroft
Speakers: Leslie Boles, Director of Compliance & Audit, Waud Capital Partners, Nancy Toll Perilstein, Senior Manager at Deloitte &Touche, Nicole Brenner, Compliance Officer Valley Health System, Laura Hess, Search Consultant at Global Recruiters
- Financial Intelligence 11:00 am – 11:50 am
We have talked about general intelligence, emotional intelligence, and artificial intelligence. Now it’s time to talk about and master personal financial intelligence. Are you secure about understanding money matters and how to best manage your money today and in your future to achieve your goals and bring peace of mind to you and your loved ones!
Speaker: Christi Barilotti, CEO & President, Barilotti Wealth Strategies, LLC
- Networking Lunch 11:50 am – 12:40 pm
- Panel – Social Determinants of Health 12:40 pm – 1:55 pm
We are more than our bodies. In this panel discussion panelists will educate on the factors related to race, age, ethnicity, culture, gender and economic status that impact our health and healthcare. They will offer insights on the social determinants of health and what hospitals, social service agencies, regulators, payers and providers are doing to address the needs of patients and their family members.
Moderator: Victoria Brogan, Senior Vice President of Strategic Initiatives, New Jersey Hospital Association
Speakers: DeAnna Minus-Vincent, Vice President, Social Impact &Community Investment, RWJ Barnabas Health; Patricia Richards, Director, CMS Innovations &Value-Based Care, Saint Peter’s Healthcare System; Tracy Davison-DiCanto, Vice President, Strategy and Payer Engagement, Surgical Care Affiliates; Tracy Parris-Benjamin, Director, Clinical Design Community Health, Horizon BlueCross Blue Shield of New Jersey
- It’s 2020-Maybe time for a New Job or Career 1:55 pm – 2:45 pm
Discussion about things to pay attention to if you are considering changing jobs or careers. Participants will gain perspective on the pros and cons of making a switch, salary negotiation tips and adapting to new organizational cultures when you make a change.
Speakers: Stacey Medeiros, Informatics Manager at Penn Medicine, Deborah Carlino, Chief Compliance Officer, Sema4 and Lisa Weinstein, Director of Compliance and Privacy Officer, Bancroft
- Barista Break 2:45 pm – 3:10 pm
Enjoy a selection of gourmet coffees, teas and a mid-day snack
- 2020 Leadership Skills for Todays Workforce 3:10 pm – 4:00 pm
Are you working remotely? How can you achieve “visibility” to advance your career? What metrics you might be measured by when working remotely, how to manage teams that work remotely and public speaking tips for virtual meetings including meeting etiquette.
Speaker: Maria Facciponti, President, Elite Medical Receivables Solution
- Networking Hour 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- Book Giveaway and Exchange- Give a Book and Get a Book!
- Toni Pergolin’s Book will be given as raffle prizes to 10 lucky winners!
- 2020 Charity - To be determined
- ADVANCE REGISTRATION -- ……………………….................................................... $135
- ADVANCE REGISTRATON--NON-MEMBERS……………………………………… $170
- ADVANCE REGISTRATION -- CERTIFIED MEMBERS (FHFMA, CHFP, CPAM)…..$100
- STUDENT REGISTRATION--……………………………………………………………..$35
- ON-SITE REGISTRATION -- ON “SPACE AVAILABLE” BASIS.......$25 ADDITIONAL CHARGE
BREAKFAST, LUNCH AND BARISTA BREAK AND SOCIAL SPONSORSHIPS ALSO AVAILABLE!
- Make checks payable to HFMA - NJ CHAPTER, and please mail at least 10 days prior to the event.
- Registration must be received three working days prior to the event.
- REFUNDS WILL BE GRANTED ONLY IF CANCELLATION IS RECEIVED 48 HOURS PRIOR TO THE MEETING.
- Dress is Business Casual
- Mail payment to:
HFMA – NJ Chapter
PO Box 6422
Bridgewater, NJ 08807
NEW JERSEY BOARD OF ACCOUNTANCY CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION CREDITS
Based on our understanding of the New Jersey State Board of Accountancy’s continuing professional education (CPE) requirements, Sponsor No. 185, this course will qualify for 6.5 hours, 1 in professional development, 2 in management, 2.5 in specialized knowledge, and 1 in finance.
AMERICAN COLLEGE OF HEALTHCARE EXECUTIVES CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDIT
The NJ Chapter of HFMA is authorized to award 5.5 hours of pre-approved ACHE Qualified Education credit (non-ACHE) for this program toward advancement or recertification in the American College of Healthcare Executives. Participants in this program wishing to have the continuing education hours applied toward ACHE Qualified Education credit should indicate their attendance when submitting an application to the American College of Healthcare Executives for advancement or recertification.