Regulatory and Reimbursement Committee
|Regulatory and Reimbursement Committee|
Goals, Objectives, and Responsibilities
- To represent the Hospital/Healthcare Financial community and to present issues with proposals of Legislation and other governmental changes that could impact revenue to the facility/healthcare systems.
- Consult with Legislators, Insurance Payers, and others in order to resolve the issues for services and supplies rendered by the facility/healthcare systems.
- Oversee any inconsistencies and recommend corrective action via comments to the appropriate state or national official.
- Identify the problematic HEALTHCARE MARKET issues and concerns.
- Obtain input from the Committee via their recommendations.
- Ensure that an appropriate financial resolution is finalized, if at all possible.
- To diversify the Regulatory and Reimbursement Committee by assignment.
- Institute the FALL QUARTERLY MEETING with appropriate speakers and topics that will communicate the future of healthcare as it effects the Hospital community
- Assist the Board with pro-action in submission of comments through the Board President to appropriate government legislators on proposals of new bills that may affect healthcare reimbursement.
- Inviting this committee and/or the entire Chapter to participate in quarterly "informational sharing" events on current issues with resolutions, prior to the start of the committee meeting, via conference call-in.
- Encourage the publication of our legislative comments and other newsworthy information through local Chapter's publication, Focus and also the National magazine.
- Continue to give assistance when needed to ensure favorable contract terms, deterring any possibility of lost revenue to the Healthcare facilities involved.
- To encourage attendance via the Healthcare Community when applicable.
- View Publications/Attend Statewide meetings when possible to have continual awareness on the issues of Healthcare.
- Assist with NJHA and other Healthcare agencies in addressing and resolving the issues or concerns to the Healthcare Financial community.
- Increase the Managed Care membership/participation in the committee by surveying needs of Managed Care Directors and Consultants, and designing special in-services to address their industry needs.
- Coordinate efforts with the Board to solicit NJHA membership and participation in the Pro Action/Reimbursement/Managed Care Committee for those who are newly hired or promoted within the Hospital Reimbursement field.
- Incorporate a succession plan into the committee planning.
Hospital Alliance of New Jersey
50 West State Street, Suite 1008
Trenton , New Jersey 08608
| |Committee Co-Chair
Christine A. Gordon
Virtua Health System, Inc.
20 W Stow Rd Ste 8
Marlton , New Jersey 08053-3160