Patient Financial Services Forum
|Patient Financial Committee|
Goals, Objectives, and Responsibilities
- Provide information to membership on current issues involving Patient Financial Services; provide a forum to discuss Patient Financial Management issues.
- Increase hospital membership on the committee and to encourage increased representation and participation of current hospital committee members in the monthly meetings.
- Promote the Patient Financial Services profession and increase awareness of its contributions to the financial success of hospitals with the desired outcome of recruiting, attracting and retaining professional, skilled staff.
- Expand scope of information sharing including meeting notices, agendas and minutes to all Provider based Patient Financial Services Directors or comparable responsibilities/titles who are active NJ HFMA Chapter members and active members of the NJ Chapter of the AAHAM (American Association for Healthcare Administrative Management).
- Maintain and enhance the relationship with government agencies, third party payers and NJHA and voice opinions on legislation and regulations affecting Patient Financial Services.
- Maintain an ongoing relationship with the NJ HFMA Chapter Patient Access Committee and the NJ Chapter of AAHAM including our Annual Joint Educational Meeting in January.
- Collectively gather information to identify emerging managed care issues including billing trends and contract compliance.
- Maintain and enhance the committee’s reputation as the industry "go to" liaison for NJ statewide reporting of patterns and trends for non-compliance by third-party payers.
- Support the Chapter goal of successful succession planning by developing and maintaining a succession planning program to encourage involvement and participation within the chapter members.
Steven Stadtmauer, Esq
Celentano Stadtmauer & Walentowicz, LLP
PO Box 2594 1035 Route 46 E Ste 208
1035 Route 46 E Ste
Clifton , New Jersey 07015-2594
Michael E. Berger
The M. Berger Consulting Group, Llc
7 Webster Court
Plainsboro , New Jersey 08536-2337
| |Committee Co-Chair
RECEIVABLE SOLUTIONS, INC.
111 Front Street
South Plainfield , New Jersey 07080